Everyone in Guelph-Wellington has access to nutritious, healthy food that is produced and distributed in ways that enable local communities, food producers and natural living systems to flourish.
We believe that through advocacy, action, planning, education, networking and coordination, our work will lead to a thriving regional food system that is socially, economically and environmentally sustainable so that we have nourishment for everyone.
Our Strategic Directions
- Build a network for coordinated action based on the principles of collaboration, open dialogue and transparency.
- Research advice, and advocate for food policies that create an accessible and fair food system in Guelph and Wellington.
- Foster relationships between stakeholders in the local food system to increase viability of local food.
- Promote social learning within the community that will bring about systemic change and movement towards a fair and democratic food system.
- Support infrastructure development that furthers access to healthy food.
- Launch and support programs and services that address local food needs.
Download our brochure to learn more information about us.
A coordinating committee provides logistical support to the Round Table and the working groups. For more on our working groups, visit these pages:
We are grateful for the current or past financial support of: